8th March 2017
Turn to Starboard is recruiting! We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Assistant at our office in Falmouth. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team dedicated to transforming lives, see below.
Job Title: OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Reporting To: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Contract Type: FULL TIME PREFERRED (40 HOURS) / PART TIME CONSIDERED
Location: TURN TO STARBOARD, FALMOUTH MARINA, CORNWALL
To work as part of the Turn to Starboard team to provide a quality sailing experience to an increasing number of beneficiaries by:
• To assist the Operations Manager to create quality sailing experiences for beneficiaries by providing key administrative support.
• Be responsible for the response received by applicants in line with the organisation’s guidelines.
• To build working relationships with beneficiaries and an understanding of their specific needs.
• To maintain all records of beneficiaries via the database whilst observing the organisation’s confidentiality guidelines.
• To create and coordinate the programmes and schedules for beneficiaries’ sailing and training activities as directed by the Operations Manager.
• To source training providers and coordinate all aspects of training delivery.
• To maintain the training activity calendar.
• To be responsible for the practical logistics of beneficiary attendance – including food, gas, water and clothing.
• To write specific documentation with supervision from the Operations Manager.
• To utilise cloud based storage systems for ease of document sharing in line with the Turn to Starboard administration practices.
• To accept shared responsibility for taking incoming calls.
• A competent and professional administrator who is computer literate in MS Office.
• A skilled administrator with an eye for detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to gather, analyse and process information for scheduling and programming.
• The ability to prioritise, re-prioritise in line with the organisations changing needs and deliver projects and tasks to deadlines as agreed with Operations Manager.
• The ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with the Operations Manager to deliver targets.
• The ability to build relationships and manage expectations.
• Knowledge of CRM/database systems.
• An understanding or empathy with ex Service and military personnel.
• An interest in the maritime sector.
• A positive and flexible team player able to respond quickly to changing demands and a range of working cultures.
• A creative and practical problem solver able to identify challenges and create opportunities.
• A calm, people person able to build rapport and function with patience under pressure.
• A person with integrity and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
• An empathetic and confident communicator, committed to delivering a service to beneficiaries that supports them to achieve success.
Closing date: 26 March 2017
Interview date: Week commencing 03 April
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
If you feel you have the right background, experience and skill set for the above role, please apply by sending your current CV and supporting statement to Tamsin Mulcahy, Operations Manager. Email: email@example.com.