Turn to Starboard is recruiting! We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to be part of the Round Britain Challenge 2017 expedition in a Communications Support role based at our office in Falmouth.
Job Title: COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT
Reporting To: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Contract Type: PART TIME (15 HOURS – MONDAY & TUESDAY ) / TEMPORARY (6 MONTHS)
Location: TURN TO STARBOARD, FALMOUTH (OFFICE BASED)
To contribute to the impact of the PR and Media strategy during the Turn to Starboard Round Britain Challenge 2017 by;
- Supporting the Communications Officer in delivery of all media communications.
- Maintaining a media schedule and implementing the public relations strategy.
- Acting alongside the Communications Officer as a primary contact for media enquiries.
- Delivering quality consistently, in all tasks and output.
- To support the Communications Officer in planning and delivering the public relations (PR) and media strategy for the Round Britain Challenge 2017.
- To research, write and issue press releases about the charity and expedition to target media organisations across the UK.
- Assist in the management of content on the Turn to Starboard website and update a wide range of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Write and edit in-house newsletters, case studies, articles, leaflets/posters and expedition reports.
- Identify national and regional media opportunities (TV, radio, online, press) and build awareness of the charity, expedition sponsors and partners.
- Use a creative approach utilising graphics, video and photography to deliver key messages in an engaging way.
- Assist the Communications Officer in developing and maintaining a media calendar incorporating outcome and project related communications.
- Identify and prepare welfare case stories suitable for exposure to the wider media, handling any media exposure with compassion, in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Collate, review and analyse all media expedition coverage.
- To ensure all material produced is ‘on-message’ and in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Proof read any articles written by colleagues as required.
- Assist and represent the charity in any media or PR opportunity.
- Utilise cloud based storage systems for ease of document sharing in line with the Turn to Starboard administration practices.
- Experience of working in the communications or public relations sector.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, together with a flexible, helpful and courteous manner with people at all levels.
- The ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with the Communications Officer to deliver the PR and Media strategy.
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision, and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- An organised approach to work, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), social media tools, and a website publishing programme (eg WordPress).
- Knowledge of CRM/database systems.
- An understanding or empathy with ex Service and military personnel.
- An interest in the maritime sector.
- A clear and confident communicator, committed to delivering a PR and Media strategy to raise awareness of the expedition and organisation.
- A positive and flexible team player able to respond quickly to changing demands and a range of working cultures.
- A creative and practical problem solver able to identify challenges and create media opportunities.
- A calm, people person able to build rapport and function with patience under pressure.
- A person with integrity and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
Closing date: 07 June, 2017 (midnight)
Interview date: Week commencing 12 June, 2017
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
If you feel you have the right background, experience and skill set for the above role, please apply by sending your current CV and supporting statement to our Communications Officer Mark Hardaker by email at email@example.com.